• Berta Henry joins the Credit Union in January 1957 as a junior clerk. She was one of three employees when hired. Berta had the longest tenure with the company, retiring in 2015 as Assistant Vice President, Human Resources.
• In 1958, the Credit Union moves to its first building on the southwest corner of Grand and Forest Park Avenue (currently a Saint Louis University dorm).
• Its second location was the building currently housed by Minuteman Press at 3635 Forest Park Avenue.
◦ At that time, the most cash members could receive was $300. If they wanted a larger amount, they were issued a check and were told to cash it at what was then Mercantile Bank at Grand and Lindell.
• St. Louis Teacher’s Progressive Credit Union (an African American credit union) also existed at that time, which was smaller in membership/assets.